A very warm welcome to you to create Equal Dignity Dialogue Groups!
by Linda Hartling, February 2, 2012
This last year we had a "Occupy Equal Dignity Dialogue Party" in honor of the Occupy movement (see some pictures). Perhaps this might be a way to kickoff a ongoing group?
Here is our relational recipe for this event:
1. Use a birthday party approach, that is, host this event in the spirit of having a birthday party: Set a date and invite friends, neighbors, colleagues, family, etc.
2. Develop Dignifying Dialogue questions: For example:
1. Please present yourself: What do you want people to know about you?
2. What does dignity mean to you? What do you associate with it? What do you think it means to others? 3. In what ways could we increase equal dignity in the world, locally and/or globally?
3. Next steps: What can we do next month, next week, tomorrow, or for all of the tomorrows to cultivate a world of equal dignity for all?
4. Repeat process until equal dignity becomes the best way of being and being in relationship!
I hope this helps you develop some ideas about what you can do at your college.
Please keep us posted!
Warmest wishes, Linda