- TODAY: Amazonia nossa terra – Amazon Our Land
- A Reflection on Boston: Protection through Connection and Collaboration
- New Book: The Infinite Resource: The Power of Ideas on a Finite Planet
- TEDx Teachers College: Columbia University, New York City, April 23, 2013
- EDUCATION ACROSS THE AMERICAS CONFERENCE: April 18-20th; Columbia University, New York City
- Diversity in Research and Practice Conference 2013: “Changing the Game: Expanding Discourses in Research”
- Roundtable Breakfast on Good and Bad Mediation
- International Campaign to Stop Rape and Gender Violence in Conflict
- Why Are Associate Professors So Unhappy?
- Earth Is Headed for Disaster, Interdisciplinary Team of Scientists Concludes
Welcome to Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies (HumanDHS)
We are a global transdisciplinary network and fellowship of concerned academics and practitioners. We wish to stimulate systemic change, globally and locally, to open space for dignity and mutual respect and esteem to take root and grow, thus ending humiliating practices and breaking cycles of humiliation throughout the world.
We suggest that a frame of cooperation and shared humility is necessary - not a mindset of humiliation - if we wish to build a better world, a world of equal dignity for all.
We are currently around 1,000 personally invited members, with more than 2,000 more people supporting our work, and our website is being accessed by ca. 40,000 people from more than 180 countries per year. A new educational initiative emerging from the network is World Dignity University (WDU) to which anyone interested in educating on dignity can contribute ideas for curriculum development.
If you wish, please see here a short welcome video clip, see the status of 2013 as a collection of pictures and a brief overview, and then enter our website in more depth here, or through the links on the upper left side of this page. See our calendar of events. On 24th June 2011, we launched the World Dignity University Initiative.
• When you click on the picture, you see the 21st Annual Conference of Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies, with the title 'Search for Dignity', at Stellenbosch University in South Africa, 24th-27th April 2013.
• Welcome to our 22nd Annual Conference in New York City in December 2013!
Two kinds of news are listed here:
1. news from within our network
2. news from other sources that might be of interest for our network members